MRS POORNIMA A
Department : Economics
Designation : Assistant Professor
Educational Qualification : M.A, SLET
Email Id : [email protected]
Training/ courses attended:
- Attended 98th Orientation Programme held at Academic Staff College, Mysore University from 18.01.2013 to 14.02.2013.
- Attended 1st Refresher Course in Research Methodology in Social Science and Arts held at Human Resource Development Centre, University of Mysore from 27-01-2017 to 16-02 2017
- Successfully completed and online 2-week Refresher Course / Faculty Development Programme in economics on the theme “Indian economy exploring new economic opportunities in the post pandemic world” from 29th April to 13th May 2021 conducted by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan college university of Delhi under the aegis of Ministry of Education PanditMadan Mohan Malviya national mission on teachers and teaching.
- Successfully completed an online 2-week Refresher Course in Economics from 14th September to 29thSeptember 2021 conducted by HRDC, University of Mysore and obtained A+ Grade.
- Member – Mangalore University Economics Association.
- Member – AMUCT
- Member of BOE (correspondence B A) Mangalore University
- Convener— Internal Tests and Examination
- Coordinator – Affiliation Committee
- Member – Humanities Association
Seminars & Workshops:
- Two Days National Level Seminar on ‘Democracy &Cultural Amity’ organized by Milagres College, Kallianpur, on 22nd 23rd January 2009.
- Two Days State Level Seminar on, ‘Impact of Globalized Economy of India on Agriculture’ organized by Milagres College, Kallianpur, on 24th&25th January 2009.
- One Day National Level Annual Economic Conference on 11th February 2012.organized by Mangalore University Economics Association and Sri Bhuvanendra College, Karkala
- National Workshop on “Inclusive Growth: Concept and Reality” March 27, 2012. Organized by St Aloysius College [Autonomous],Mangalore.
- Two Days National Level Seminar on “Experiences of 11th Plan and Expectations of 12th Plan”0n 28th&29Th November 2012 [Financial &Social Inclusion] Organized by Bhandarkars Arts and Science College, Kundapura.in association with Mangalore University Economics Association.
- National Seminar on ‘Prevention &Elimination of Violence against Women: A Social Perspective’ on 1st October, 2013, organized by Post Graduate Dept of Social Work &Dept of Women Studies, Milagres College, Kallianpur.
- National Workshop on “Changing Contours of Indian Economy” on24thSptember,2013,organized by Dept of Economics, St Aloysius College[Autonomous],Mangalore AMUCT.
- Attended 27th Statutory Conference of AIFUCTO on30th November,2013 in St Aloysius College[Autonomous],Mangalore
- National Seminar on ‘Changing Paradigms of Higher Education : XII Five Year Plan Initiatives’ 0n 1st December 2013 organized by AIFUCTO,AMUCT& St Aloysius College[Autonomous],Mangalore.
- Participated and presented a paper titled “ Impact of Globalization on Women” in a Two Days International Seminar on ‘Globalization, Human Rights and Democracy’ held on 6th and 7thMarch 2014 at Milagres College, Kallianpur.
- Participated as a delegate in one day State Level Conference on “Save agriculture, serve Agriculture- Encouraging the Youth”, organized by VCRS, MUEA, and Vivekananda College, Puttur on 18th 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “ Sexual Harassment at Work Place” at the UGC sponsored National level Conference on “ Safety of girl Child on Campus And Society Challenges and Remedies” on 16thDecember 2014 organized by St. Mary’s College, Shirva.
- Participated as a delegate in one day Mangalore University Level workshop on ‘Question Bank in Economics ’, organized by Dept. of Economics in association with Mangalore University Economics Association held on 29th August 2015 at Sacred Heart College, Madanthyar.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Financial Inclusion in India: Opportunities and Challenges’at the National Seminar on ‘Financial Inclusion: Opportunities and Challenges ‘on 19th and 20thAugust 2016 organized by Milagres College, Kallianpur.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Land Use Change-Socio-economic and Environmental Impacts’ at the UGC sponsored Two Day National Seminar and Annual Conference of Mangalore University Economics Association on ‘Land Economy :Issues and Challenges ‘on 20th and 21st January 2017 organized by Sri Mahaveera College ,Moodbidri Karnataka.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Inculcation of Values in Higher Education’ at the UGC sponsored Two Day National Workshop on ‘Repositioning Quality Culture In Higher Education-Concerns and Challenges’ on 14th and 15th January 2018 organized by Govinda Dasa College,Surathkal, Karnataka and Mangalore University Economics Association
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme on Emotional Intelligence on 18th and 19thApril 2018 organized by St.Mary’s College, Shirva in collaboration with ICT Academy.
- Participated as a delegate in one day National Seminar on “Indian Banking In the Era of Globalization and Information Technology”, organized by Milagres College Kallianpur on 15thMarch 2019.
- Participated as a delegate in one day National Conference on “Banking for The Rural Poor”, organized by Poorna Prajna College, Udupi in association with MUEA on 8th April, 2019.
- Participated as a Resource person for the Guest Lecture on “Population and Economic Growth”organized on 11th July 2019 in Poornaprajna College, Udupi.
- Attended NEP Workshop on Economics and prepared and presented Question bank on Basic Economics at University College, Mangaloreon 3rd December 2021
- Participated as a Resource person for a programme on “World Population Day” organized on 18th July 2022 in St.Mary’s College, Shirva
- Participated in the International Symposium on “Cultural Insights” organized on 20thDecember 2022, by the IQAC and Department of English, Milagres College, Kallianpur.
- Participated in the International Symposium on “Retail Tech” organized on 9thJanuary 2023, by the IQAC and Department of Commerce, Milagres College, Kallianpur.
Webinars and FDPs
- Participated in the online national conference on quality in teaching learning and evaluation: need for academic excellence on 29th and 30th May 2020 organised by IQAC St Aloysius college Jabalpur MP under PARAMARSH UGC and department of higher education government of MP initiative.
- Participated in the online faculty development program on information and communication technology usage in teaching launched on 30th May 2020 and successfully completed test for this certificate on 3rd June 2020 organised by department of collegiate education government first grade college Siddakatte, BantwaltalukDakshina Kannada district.
- Participated in the one-day national level online faculty development programme on impact of coronavirus an informal sector in India: challenges and opportunities organised by department of economics Acharya Patashala evening College of arts and commerce Bengaluru on 8th June 2020.
- Participated in faculty development program one-week online short-term course on personality development from 9th June 2020 to 14th June 2020 organised by SJM College of arts science and commerce, Chandravalli, Chitradurga.
- Participated in a national level online FDP on adapting ourselves to the online academic activities organised by IQAC Carmel college, Modankap, Bantwal in association with Sahyadri College of engineering and management Mangalore on 16th June 2020.
- Participated in an international webinar the future of jobs- employment skills and workforce strategy post covid 19 on 13th June 2020 organised by Crossland College, Brahmavar, Udupi.
- Participated in the national level webinar on gender, environment entrepreneurship in the context of COVID-19 organised by department of economics JyotiNivas College on 19th June 2020.
- Participated in the national level webinar on is online teaching supplementary or substitute for classroom teaching held on 23rd June 2020 organised by IQAC Sri Mahaveera first grade college Moodubidri.
- Participated in the international webinar on financial crisis and its impact on sustainable ecotourism organised by IQAC of Milagres collegeHampankatta, Mangalore on 30th June 2020.
- Participated in 2-day online faculty development programme tech savvy teaching held on 3rd and 4th July 2020 organised by postgraduate Department of Commerce St Mary’s college Shirva, Udupi.
- Successfully completed the national level online certificate course on environmental sustainability organised by eco club, IQAC and IT cell government first grade college, Haleyangadi, Mangalore on 6th July 2020.
- Participated in state level webinar on mental health and well-being during Covid 19 pandemic organised by PT A and Department of Social work St Mary’s college Shirva, Udupi on 19th July 2020.
- Participated in the webinar titled latest tools for teaching learning and evaluation hosted by the department of computer science St Mary’s college Shirva, Udupi on 20th July 2020.
- Participated in one day national level webinar on Remote library services an add-on for mentoring student community held on 22nd July 2020 organised by St Mary’s College Shirva Udupi.
- Participated in the international webinar on breaking the stress during pandemic organised by St Mary’s College Shirva, Udupi on 23rd October 2020.
- Participated in the national level online faculty development programme held from 7th December 2020 to 11th December 2020 jointly organized by Milagres college Kallianpur and MUCTA.
- Participated in the national level faculty development programme on the topic creativity and innovation in teaching conducted by professor AM Gaurav of Department of Commerce and Management Shivaji university Kolhapur Maharashtra organised by department of Economics and Rural Development SDM college, Ujire Karnataka on 12th July 2021.
- Participated in the 2 days faculty development programme on “Tourism in India” on 19th and 20th July 2021 organised by the department of History and IQAC University College Mangalore.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Webinar on NEP 2020 (Theme: Good Academic Research Practices) organised by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Mysore Manasagangotri, Mysuru on 23rd July 2022.
E –Content development:
Prepared E-content of four topics (10 sessions) of III BA Economics—Paper V Economic Thought under LMS project of Dept of Collegiate Education.
DR JAYARAM SHETTIGAR
Associate Professor and HOD
MRS ANNAMMA A
Associate Professor and HOD