MILAGRES COLLEGE WOMEN’S HOSTEL
Women’s Hostel, a home away from home. The hostel is situated in a secure two floored building within the campus. It is a home away from home where the young students learn the spirit of togetherness and imbibe the value of sharing and caring for one another. The stay in the hostel gives a sense of fraternity amongst the students. The hostel offers the optimum utilization of students’ time for their overall personality development.
The hostel has good accommodation facilities with share spacious rooms, common spacious dining hall. Each one is provided with a bedstead, a table, a chair and wall shelf, roofed area for laundry, hot water facility, good kitchen and cooks.
The hostel is a secured abode, because the security of the students is of prime importance to us. It has an eco-friendly environment.
The amenities for the hostellers:
- Dining facilities that offer fresh, healthy & nutritious food prepared in hygienic place.
- Common room with TV and a reading room with a collection of newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Students have a well – placed schedule which has allocated time for self-study, games, recreation and rest.
- Keeping in view the mental & physical growth of the students, the hostel has well-equipped provision for indoor as well as outdoor games.
- Social & cultural activities during festivals and other occasions.
- The students of the hostel have access to the telephone through the warden. The parents can communicate with the students over telephone through the hostel office.
- The students’ well-being is not monitored but taken care of by a team of dedicated house staff.
|1||V.REV. FR. VALERIAN MENDONCA||CORRESPONDENT|
|2||DR. VINCENT ALVA||PRINCIPAL|
|3||MRS. AMRITHA JOYCE LEWIS||WARDEN|
MILAGRES COLLEGE WOMEN’S HOSTEL
KALLIANPUR – 574116
PH: 9663090235 / 8760690235
The admission is done by taking into consideration the background and the academic performance of the student. The student should come along with their parents/guardians at the time of admission and it is done for only year. A student may be readmitted to the following year on the record of his performance in study as well as discipline / character in the hostel. The warden may refuse admission to any one without assigning any reason. If the parents work abroad or cannot come as and when called they need to represent the guardians while admission.
General Time Table:
Timetable brings order into one’s life, helps ineffective time management and promotes a fair sense of predictability and planning. In a house of study, since we have to live with others, a common order has to be strictly followed by all the students.
|6.45 a.m.||Study/Holy Mass for Catholics|
|7.30a.m. – 8.15 a.m.||Breakfast|
|8.50 a.m.||Leaving for College|
|12.30 – 1.10 p.m.||Lunch|
|1.20 p.m.||Leaving for college|
|4.30 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.||Tea|
|5.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.||Games/Wash/Bath|
|6.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.||Study|
|7.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.||Rosary for Catholics|
|7.30 p.m.-8.00 p.m.||Supper|
|8.00 – 9.00 p.m.||T.V/ Phone calls/ free time|
|9.00 – 10.30 p.m.||Study|
|10.30 p.m.||To bed/Light off|
Hostel Mess Bills:
- Mess bill is shared on dividing system. It includes total amount spent on food, salary of the staff, electricity, generator, water etc.
- Mess bills of the month will be displayed on the first week of the next month. Students can pay the mess bill till 12th of that month.
- Bill deductions are possible only in the absence of continuous 10 days. Mess bill should be paid through bank challen.