MILAGRES COLLEGE KALLIANPUR, UDUPI 576114
Maintenance of Campus Infrastructure
Procedures and policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities – laboratory, library, sports complex, computers, classrooms etc. (maximum 500 words) (information to be available in institutional Website, provide link)
The college has systematic mechanism for maintenance of physical, academic and support facilities. The physical facilities are maintained and monitored by the Public Relations Officer. Some of them are maintained by an Annual Maintenance Contract given to concerned agencies; some are maintained by external agencies and others are maintained by the faculty members and skilled staff appointed by the management.
LABORATORY: College has Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Application departments with laboratory facilities. Every laboratory has lab-attendant for its proper maintenance. Laboratory equipment’s, gas connection, etc are checked regularly. All the laboratories maintain a stock register. The laboratory equipment’s are maintained at the departmental level by the staff.
COMPUTERS: The college has adequate number of computers with internet connections and the utility software is distributed in different locales.
· The Central Computer Laboratory is connected through LAN and is open for BCA students.
· The office computers have been installed with Administration Software and is restricted for use only to the office staff.
· Each department have their own computers with internet facility.
For maintenance and upkeep of computers and computer related facilities Mr Ankith V Moily has been appointed. All teaching aids such as LCD Projectors, PA Systems, Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Wi-Fi etc. are periodically checked and maintained by IT Team. The AMC for E-Admin Office administration software along with Attendance Software, made with AARGEES Software, Hubballi.
LIBRARY: Library is partially computerised; barcode system is adopted. The library is using Easylib software for automation of the library and provides free wi-fi facility to student and staff. The college has AMC with Easylib Software Pvt. Ltd Bengaluru, for the library software. Online access to e-journals and e-books is provided through INFLIBNET N List. The library has a good collection of rare books. Daily cleaning of the books and rack, and maintenance of library is done. The library is open to the students, staff and the stake holders like alumni, students of the sister institutions and General public. The stake holders are permitted to borrow books after depositing caution money.
SPORTS COMPLEX: All the sports materials and equipment’s are stored in sports room under the supervision of the PED. The games and sports register is also maintained. Students and staff members are allowed to use the sports equipment’s only after signing the register.
· The college has a spacious sports ground with 200 metre running track used by the college and our sister institutions for sports day and also other inter collegiate events.
· An outdoor stadium with basketball, volleyball, throw-ball, kabaddi courts, cricket pitch, etc. used for practice and tournaments
· Indoor games facilities like Table Tennis, Carom, and Chess are utilized by students regularly
· Gym is utilized by staff and students
· The Auditorium is utilized for indoor College and University Level tournaments like Table-tennis, Chess, etc
The sports ground is utilized not only by the students and staff of our college but also by the local community, stakeholders as well as sister institutions after taking prior permission from the concerned authorities. The campus ground is also utilized by organizations like Rotary, Alumni, etc for different activities.
CLASSROOMS: Eight classrooms, three laboratories and two seminar halls are provided with LCD projectors. The maintenance and cleaning of the class rooms is done by four supportive staff who are specially appointed for the purpose. It is also made available for governmental and non-governmental organizations for conducting competitive exams like KPSC.