Milagres College, Kallianpur
IQAC-Internal Quality Assurance Cell
MINUTES OF THE IQAC MEETING HELD ON 20TH JUNE, 2018
A meeting of the IQAC was held on 20th June, 2018 presided over by the Principal Dr. Vincent Alva.. The IQAC convener, DrJayaramShettigar welcomed the members.
1. Approval Action plan for the year 2018-19
2. Academic Calendar for the year 2018-19
3. Preparation of AQAR 2017-18
4. Preparation of SSR
5. Civil Service –IAS – Coaching Center
6. Preparation for NIRF
7. Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Programme
8. Any other matter
The following resolutions were made/accepted during the meeting.
1. Action Plan submitted by all the departments which was approved.
2. It was decided to prepare an Academic Calendar
3. Regarding the AQAR: It was decided to instruct all the departments to provide the inputs required for AQAR 2017-18 by the end of Sept. 2018.
4. Since two years have been completed after 3rd cycle of NAAC Accreditation, it was decide to instruct all the Departments to collect the information required for preparation of SSR of the previous years.
. For the purpose of the NAAC preparation, seven criteria’s of NAAC Assessment were distributed among the members of the teaching staff. The following are the conveners of the seven criteria of the NAAC.
Criteria 1 Mrs, Annamma HOD Economics
Criteria II Dr. Herald I Monis HOD Commerce
Criteria III Mrs, Shyaletmathias, Asst. Prof. in commerce
Criteria IV Mrs Sophia Diss HOD Hindi
Criteria V MrsHarinakshi HOD Kannada
Criteria VI Mrs. ClaaraMenezes, Asst. Prof. in commerce,
Criteria VII Dr. Surekha HOD Mathematics.
5. Milagres Center for Career Exllance: It was decided to give training to the students for Civil Service Examination competitive examinations. It was decided to have MOU with National IAS Academy which is headed by our Alumni Mr. Sunil BN.
6. It was also decided to preparation for NIRF
7. It was decided to organize Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Programme under the leadership of IQAC Coordinator.
MINUTES OF THE IQAC MEETING HELD ON 20TH December 2018
The joint meeting of the IQAC with the members of Teaching Staff was held on 20th Dec 2018 at 3:30 PM in the A. V Hall. The meeting was presided over by the Principal Dr. Vincent Alva. The IQAC convener, DrJayaramShettigar welcomed the members. The members discussed various matters proposed in the agenda and the following resolutions were made/accepted during the meeting.
1. AQAR 2017-18.
2. Preparation of SSR.
1. The AQAR 2017-18 Presented in the meeting by the IQAC convener, DrJayaramShettigar, was discussed. Since the information furnished was incomplete, it was decided to upload the AQAR 2017-18 to NAAC Site with more details.
2. Since two years have been completed after 3rd cycle of NAAC Accreditation, it was decide to prepare SSR for the previous years. It was decided to involve all the members of Teaching and some Non Teaching staff in the preparation of Self Study Report.
Following Committee was formed in the Meeting.
For the purpose of the NAAC preparation, seven criteria’s of NAAC Assessment were distributed among the members of the teaching staff. The following are the conveners of the seven criteria of the NAAC.
Criteria I Convener: Mrs, Annamma HOD Economics
Members: Mrs. Wilma, MrsReshma, MrsVarij and Mr. Ganesh
Criteria II Convener: Dr. Herald I Monis HOD Commerce
Members: DrFr Anil Prakash, MrMelroy, MrsAnupama and DrRaghavendar
Criteria III Convener: Mrs, Shyalet Mathias, Asst. Prof. in commerce
Members:MrsRadhika, Mr. Vignesh, MrNityananda and MrsChandrika
Criteria IV Convener: Mrs Sophia Diss HOD Hindi
Members:MrsRekha, Mr, Nikhil, Mr Anil Office and MrsNisha
Criteria VConvener: MrsHarinakshi HOD Kannada
Members:MrKarthik, Mr. CeazerGonsalvis, Mrs. Chaitra and Mrs. –
Criteria VI Convener: Mrs. ClaaraMenezes, Asst. Prof. in commerce,
Members: MrsRenita, Mr. Pradeep, Mrs. Jayalakshmi,
Criteria VII Convener: Dr. Surekha HOD Mathematics.
Members:MrRavinandan, MrsArenza, Mrs. Sindhoora and Mrs. Aksharta
Minutes of the joint Meeting of the IQAC and Student’s Welfare Council
A joint meeting of IQAC with Students Representatives was held on Friday 11-1-2019 at 3:30 PM in the Audio-Visual Hall. The meeting was presided over by the Principal Dr. Vincent Alva, IQAC coordinator DrJayaramShettigar, SWC Director Mrs. Annamma and members of student’s welfare council were present.
1. It was decided that the president and members of student welfare council along with NSS NCC Rovers and Rangers to participate in Republic Day Parade Programme.
2. It was decided to celebrate college day on 8-3-2019 and time will be allotted to each class to perform cultural programmes.
3. Since the students demanding for traditional day, it was decided to observe traditional day on 23-3-2019.
4. It was decided to arrange a Farewell programme to Retired staff Prof SubramanyaJoshi on the College Day. A students representative from III BSc have give farewell speech on the occasion.
Minutes of the Joint meeting of the Executive Committee of Milagres College Alumni Association and IQAC
The joint meeting of the Executive Committee of Milagres College Alumni Association and IQAC was held on 12.02.2019 at 4.00 pm in the Audio Visual Hall of Milagres College, Kallianpur.
The Agenda for the Meeting was:
Ø Review of General Body meeting
Ø College Day/Alumni Day
Ø Any other Matter.
Mr. Salvadore Noronha, President of Alumni Association welcomed the gathering and Mrs. Sophia Dias, Secretary presented a brief report of the last meeting.
It was decided to hold the Alumni Day on 8th at 5 p.m immediately after the College Day Celebrations and invite a Guest among the old students and organize a formal programme followed by cultural programme and fellowship. In this regard a committee was formed with the Cultural Secretaries Mrs. JovitaFernandes and Mr. Naveen Kumar as the Conveners. The following are the committee members:- Mrs. Sindhura, Mr.karthik, Mr. Sandeep, Mr. Hemanth, Mr. ShekarGujjarbettu, Mr. Royston Miss Loylees, Loyleeta, Akshatha, Nisha and Chaitra.
It was brought to the notice of the executive committee members that a felicitation progamme was being held in Dubai on 16.02.2019 to Felicitate Mrs. Hilda Rodrigues and Mrs. Mary Mammen Retired Professor of Milagres College. The principal was invited for this programme. It was decided to sponsor the journey fare of the principal from the Alumni Fund.
The principal informed that outside the college alumni branches cannot be formed with office bearers only get-together and gatherings of Old Students can take place. He informed that the registering of Alumni Association is under process. He also informed that Mr. JayprakashShetty student President of 1983 batch has been invited as the Guest for College Day. He also informed that one student MSW Department may get a Rank this year. He said that the preparation for the NAAC visit is going on. He informed that from next year to look after and co-ordinate the affairs of the Alumni Association a staff will be appointed and our old Student Mr. Alfred Crasto has agreed to sponsor the salary of the staff
The IQAC coordinator Dr. JayaramShettigar informed the members to fill the feedback forms and return the same at the earliest. He also briefed the members about the AQAR and NAAC preparations.
Mrs. Joyce Lewis, Joint Secretary, proposed the vote of thanks.
Secretary IQAC Coordinator Principal