The Milagres College is one of the pioneer post graduate centre of Master of Social Work education in Udupi district. Masters Degree in Social Work is a two year post graduate degree course offered by the college affiliated to Mangalore University. The College is dedicated to realize the dreams of the rural students to pursue higher education. Milagres Institution at Kallianpur in Udupi district has a credit of providing quality education.
The course pattern is designed by Mangalore University. MSW course is of two years duration with two semesters a year. It comprises of 15 theory papers excluding field work practice and research project.
Specialization in MSW:
We offer Master of Social Work for those looking for professional competence through the following specializations.
- Community Organization and Development
- Human Resource Development, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
- Medical and Psychiatric Social Work and Therapeutic Counselling.
With the growth in welfare activities of the State and voluntary organizations, students qualified in this field have ample career opportunities for their future prospects.
Some career opportunities are illustrated below.
- Human Resource Development Officer,
- Labour Officer,
- Employee Relations Officer,
- Labour Welfare Officer
- Industrial Relations Officer,
- HR Consultants,
- Central and State Government Departments,
- Hospitality Industry,
- Information Technology,
- Government Departments
- Child Development Project Officer,
- Block Development Officer.
- Project Holders,
- Directors in Non Governmental Organizations,
- Project Managers,
- Animators, Free-lancers
- Community Organizers,
- Social Activists,
- Facilitators of Participatory Planned Change in Community Based Organizations,
- Change agents with Subaltern groups
- Research and consultation,
- Community Development Officers in Corporate Sectors, Hospitals, Sanatoriums, Mental Health Institutions,
- Counselors at Child Guidance Clinics,
- Medical and Psychiatric Research Organizations,
- Community Health Centre and Public Health Programmes,
- Social Welfare Agencies,
- Counselors in Corporate Sectors,
- Adoption, Foster Care, Geriatric Care and Services,
- Employment Opportunities in Prisons,
- Social Welfare Departments,
- Correctional Circumstances
The candidate seeking admission for MSW course must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent course with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate in all the subjects including languages. Students from other States need to produce eligibility certificate.
Submission of Application:
Submit your application in the prescribed format supplied with this prospectus. Enclose the following documents with the filled-in application form.
- An attested copy of the statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- One attested copy of the SSLC Certificate / CBSE / State Board exam marks card containing the date of birth.
- A copy of SC / OBC / ST certificate, if applicable.
- One latest Passport size photograph along with the application (two passport size in total)
- A non – refundable registration fee to be paid in cash / DD in favour of Principal, Milagres College Kallianpur.
Processing of Application:
The duly filled in application form must be submitted to the college office on or before the last date for submission of the same. The selected applicants will be informed within 15 days of the last date for registration. The selected applicants must appear for interview personally along with their parents or guardians.
Selection for admission is made on the basis of the merit of the candidate, following an interview. The admission made by the college is provisional; it is subjected to the approval by Mangalore University.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Original pass certificate and marks card.
- Original SC / ST / BC certificate, if applicable.
- Physical fitness certificate from registered medical practitioner
- Transfer certificate.
- Conduct certificate from the college last attended.
- Eligibility certificate from Mangalore University if you have passed the qualifying examination outside Karnataka.
- Well established spacious campus
- Spacious class rooms
- Opportunities to participate in extra – curricular activities
- Innovative teaching techniques
- Opportunities for supervised field work practice
- Regular seminars and workshops
- Guest Faculty and Lectures
- Visit to various Institutions
- Opportunities to participate in inter-collegiate Meet
- Guidance and counseling for placement
- Well equipped library with internet facility
- Canteen facility
- Opportunities for computer education, sports and games
- Retiring rooms
- Hostel facility for men and women.
- Guest Lecture by the practitioners.
- Experienced and qualified faculty.
- Innovative teaching techniques.
- Field work quantity and quality target oriented practicum.
- Scholarship to the meritorious students.
- Team work among the teaching and non teaching staff.
- Uniformity of dress code during special occasion and Field practice.
- Constant feedback from the field work agency supervisor.
- Review based field work supervision.
- Consequent student seminars with regulated rules and regulations.
- Study tour and rural / urban exposures / camp, mid semester / block placements.
- Opportunities to participate in extra – curricular activities.
- Campus recruitment assistance for job placement.
- Spoken English coaching.
- Remedial classes.
- National seminars / Conferences.
- Provision to get scholarship for SC / ST / OBC, minorities.
- Provision for educational loan.