REV DR (FR) PRAKASH ANIL CASTELINO
Current Status: Asst Professor in Chemistry
HOD, Chemistry Department,
Milagres College, Kallianpur- 576 114
Contact number: 94800 64767
Email id: [email protected]
Academic Qualification: M Sc. Ph. D
Area of Specialization: Organic Chemistry; Synthetic and Organic Chemistry, Heterocyclic Chemistry.
Official Address C/o The Bishop
Bishop’s House, Mother of Sorrows Church Compound,
K M. Marg, Udupi- 576 101
Present Address: Sacred Heart Church,
Kolalgiri Post, Brahmavara Taluk,
Udupi District- 576 105
(Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
|Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board, Bangalore, Karnataka||St Lawrence High School, Attur-Karkala, Udupi.||1991||67.00|
|Department of Pre-University Education, Bangalore, Karnataka||St Philomena College, Puttur, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka||1992-1994||59.00|
|Bachelor in Science
|Mangalore University, Mangalore||St Philomena College, Puttur, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka||1995- 1998||82.33|
|Masters in Science
|Mangalore University, Mangalore||Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University, Mangalore||2007-2009||73.12|
|Course Work in Ph. D||Mangalore University, Mangalore||Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University, Mangalore||2011||82.30
|Ph.D in Chemistry||Mangalore University, Mangalore||Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University, Mangalore
Bachelor in Theology
|Pontifical Urbania University, Rome, Italy||St Joseph InterDiocesan Seminary, Jeppu, Mangalore, Karnataka, India||2001-2005||Summa Cum Laude Probatus
Bachelor in Philosophy
|St Joseph Seminary, Jeppu, Mangaluru- 575 002
Pontifical Urbania University, Rome, Italy
|St Joseph InterDiocesan Seminary, Jeppu, Mangalore, Karnataka, India||1998-2000||Distinction
Ph. D Thesis: “Synthesis and Biological Activities of Some Novel Oxygen, Nitrogen and Sulphur Containing Heterocyclic Compounds”. (2014)
Research Papers Published: 14
1). Synthesis of Novel thiadiazolotriazin-4-ones and study of Mosquito Larvicidal and Antibacterial properties. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 84 (2014) 194-198.
2) Some Novel Schiff bases of [1,2,4]triazole bearing Haloarene moiety: Synthesis and Evalutaion of Antituberculosis Properties and Neutrophil Function Tests. Medicinal Chemistry Research. (American Chemical Society). 24 September 2015.
3) Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity Studies of Novel Arylfuryl Propenones. At 5th International Conference on Pharacetucals, API and Manufacturing . Bioleagues: on 15-16th March, 2019, Jakartha, Indonesia.
4) Laxmana K,. Suresh P. Nayak. K. Sharath Chandra. Jagadeesh Prasad D., Prakash Anil Castelino., Kumara Chaluvaiah and Prashantha Naik. Antimicrobial activity studies of some novel propenones bearing arylfuran moiety. Int Jour of Advanced Research in Chemical Science. 02(11) Nov 2015, P27-33
5) Laxmana K,. Suresh P. Nayak., Jagadeesh Prasad D., Prakash Anil Castelino., Kumara Chaluvaiah and Suchetha Kumari Synthesis of novel pyrazolines bearing trichlorophenyl moiety as antimicrobial agents..: Int Jour of Pharma and Bio Sci.; 7(1): P 32-39
6) Dr. Prakash Anil Castelino. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity Studies of Novel Arylfuryl Propenones. 5th International Conference on Pharmaceuticals, API and Manufacturing held at Aston Priority Simatupang Hotel & Conference Center, Jakarta, Indonesia on the 15th & 16th March, 2019, organized by BioLEAGUES Worldwide.
Conferences Attended: 14
- CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India on 26-28th February, 2013
- Indian Council of Chemists, Dharwad, Karnataka.28-30th November, 2013.
- 04th International Science Congress, Udaipur, Rajastan on 08th and 09th December 2014.
- National Conference on Current Trends in Scientific Research, for Engineering Applications[NCSEA-2014] at Departments of Science, St Joseph Engineering College, Vamanjoor on 17-18th July, 2014.
- International Conference on Synthetic and Structural Chemistry (ICSSC-2011), on December 8-10, 2011 at Mangalore University, Mangalore.
- 5th International Conference on Pharmaceuticals, API and Manufacturing. On 15th-16th Marvh 2019, at Jakartha, Indonesia organized by Bioleagues.
- National Conference on “Recent Novel Approches in Chemcal Sciences” held at Field Marsha; K. M. Cariappa College, Madikeri on 12th Februarary 2020.
- Advances in Nanotechnology and Environmental Chemistry for Sustainable Development. National Conference at Mathama Gandhi Memorial College, Udupi organized by the Department of Chemistry and Association of Chemistry Teachers, Mangalore University on 19th February 2020.
- Chaired a session at National Conference at Poornaprajna College, Udupi on ‘ Recent Developments in Chemical Sciences (RDCS)’ – on 29 th July 2022, Organized by the Deaprtment of Chemistry, PPC Udupi and Association of ChemistryTeachers, Mangalore University at Foeld Poorna prajna College, Udupi
- Attended National Level Conference on ‘ Recent Developments in Chemical Sciences (RDCS)’ – on 29th July 2022, Organized by the Deaprtment of Chemistry, PPC Udupi and Association of Chemistry Teachers, Mangalore University at Foeld Poorna prajna College, Udupi
- Organized ‘Synanteimai’ (Science Fest-Gettogether) to UG and PU Students of Dakshina Kannada District and Udupi District. (year 2023) on 03-08-2022 at Milagres College, kallianpur, Udupi
- Attended International Intercultral Symposium on ‘Cultural Insights’ at Milagres College, Kallianpur on 20th December 2022.
- Parish Priest at Catholic Churches at Uppinangady, Kolalgiri and Asst Priest at Mangalore, Cascia Mangalore, Fajir-Konaje, Milagres Kallianpur.
- Resource Person at various skill Development camps.
- Campus Director, St Mary’s College and Schools, Shirva, Udupi (2014-2016)
- Campus Director, Milagres Institutions, Kallianpur, Udupi (2016-2017)
- Campus Minister, Milagres College, Kallianpur, Udupi (2017)
- Teacher at St Mary’s High School, Uppinangady, Dakshina Kannada.
- Guest Faculty, Post Graduation Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri, Konaje- 574 199.
- Asst Professor in Chemistry, at St Mary’s PU College, Shirva- 574 116
- Asst Professor in Chemistry, at Milagres PU College, Kallianpur – 576 114
- Asst Professor in Chemistry, at Milagres College, Kallianpur- 576 114 since 01-01-2018 onwards.
- Head of the Department of Chemistry since 01-01-2021 onwards.
- Tuberculosis Eradication Consultation Team-Udupi Taluk, office based in Primary Health Centre, Kolalgiri, Brahmavara Udupi.
- Sauharda Samithi, Uppoor Grama Panchayat.
- Sauharda Samithi, Brahamvara Police Station.
- Test Book Committee, Chemistry Teachers, Mangalore University.
- Advisory Committee Members of UG courses in Chemistry, Mangalore University Chemistry Teachers, Mangalore.